Skip to content
What BAER Can Do
- Install water or erosion control devices.
- Plant for erosion control or stability reasons.
- Install erosion control measures at critical cultural sites.
- Install temporary barriers to protect treated or recovering areas.
- Install warning signs.
- Replace minor safety related facilities.
- Install appropriate-sized drainage features on roads, trails.
- Remove critical safety hazards.
- Prevent permanent loss of T&E habitat.
- Monitor BAER treatments.
- Monitor for new populations of noxious weeds & treat as needed.
What BAER Cannot Do
- Replant commercial forests or grass for forage.
- Excavate and interpret cultural sites.
- Replace burned pasture fences.
- Install interpretive signs.
- Replace burned buildings, bridges, corrals, etc.
- Repair roads damaged by floods after fire.
- Replace burned habitat.
- Monitor fire effects.
- Treat pre-existing noxious weeds.